REQUEST AN ESTIMATE / SAY HELLO!
Terms & Conditions
for the commissioning of custom artwork
with Leslie Phelan Mural Art + Design
- Deposit & Final Payment: Projects are booked and confirmed upon receipt of a non-refundable working deposit of 50% of the total estimate. The outstanding balance is due upon completion of the mural / artwork project. Late payment fees (20% of the total) apply after one week.
- Consultation / Site Inspection: If a 50% deposit has not yet been received, a $200.00 + HST consultation fee applies if I am required to attend any preliminary meetings or site inspections to discuss an artwork project. This fee is deductible from the final invoice if the client selects my services.
- Securing Mural & Artwork Services: Projects are scheduled in priority sequence based on the receipt of a 50% working deposit. If a project has a deadline that is less than 30 days from the date I receive a working deposit, a rush fee of 15% of the total estimate is applied.
- Project Timelines: I will always strive to meet the timelines agreed upon, and remain fully reachable for email/text message communications with my clients while working on their projects. Of course, this requires that the client ensure they are also available to communicate with me throughout the duration of the project, as failure to do so will result in delays, and may result in extra fees incurred if waiting for feedback inhibits my ability to move forward.
- Changing Orders: If you would like to change the scope of the Mural or artwork after we sign this contract, the cost of the mural will also be revised. For any artworks that are hand-painted, Client is provided with a sketch/digital mock-up for approval prior to installation / paint application. If Client wishes to change anything that has already been approved after I’ve begun the painting/installation process, extra fees are incurred at a rate of $75.00 + HST per hour for the removal and subsequent do-over of an artwork area, if meeting the request is even possible at that stage.
- Design Draft / Mock-Up / Layout: When retaining my services for the commissioning of a mural or other artwork as discussed, the Client is responsible for providing the Artist with all of the necessary information in order that we can proceed with a design draft, which is then submitted to the Client for feedback/approval before the project can move forward. Two revisions are included in the price; extra revisions are billed at a rate of $50.00 + HST per hour.
- Wall & Board Prep for Murals and Signage: The condition of the surface that the artwork is being created upon greatly affects the quality of the finished artwork. If the Client is providing the artist with the wall or board for the artwork to be drawn or painted upon, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure a smooth, clean, and finished surface. Any wall prep or cleaning required of the Artist is added to the final invoice at a rate of $50.00 + HST per hour, plus the cost of supplies.
- Copy Editing & Proofreading: If the artwork we are creating involves text or written content of any kind, it is the responsibility of the Client to provide the Artist with complete and polished written information concerning any applicable menu items or descriptions, lists and schedules, literary quotes, the spelling of names and/or places, and any other written material for use in the artwork, digital or otherwise. If the written information to be included requires copy-editing or proofreading, or if the Client discovers typos or errors that need fixing after the finished artwork has been submitted, an additional charge of $50.00/hour will be applied to the final invoice.
- Copyright and License to Enjoy: I am painting a Mural for you on your property, but I retain all copyrights to the Mural and images of the piece. Under this Agreement, you are granted an unlimited license to use and enjoy the Mural for personal purposes, but not for reproduction, resale or other purposes unless otherwise designated. I will be taking pictures of the finished mural for my records and portfolio.
- Artistic Guarantee: It is my pledge that while I am working on your mural or custom artwork piece, I will give it my full artistic attention, energy, and effort with your requests and expressed desires as guidance. Once your commissioned piece is finished, as described above, you will owe me the balance due, without reduction or contingencies in the case that it does not turn out exactly as you anticipated. I can, however, offer a revision at a reduced rate.
- Cancellation: Because I may have turned down other work in order to keep my commitment to you, deposits are non-refundable. However, your paid deposit can be parlayed towards another artwork project of similar value, if booked within 6 months of cancellation.
© Leslie Phelan Mural Art + Design, 2019
All rights reserved.